Community involvement and consultation is an important part of the PNG LNG Project. We are committed to engagement with local communities and landowners about the Project, via both formal and informal consultation, and to communicate in an open, transparent and approachable manner.
The PNG LNG Project is committed to a public consultation process which is
- Open and honest - a shared process which openly addresses expectations and objectives, limitations and timelines
- Timely - providing information early and often, with adequate notice of opportunities for involvement
- Respectful - of people, values and cultures, acting openly, honestly and politely, while ensuring effective listening and talking
- Two-way - listening carefully, using understandable language, providing opportunities to exchange information, and share in education about interests, objectives and values
- Responsive - following up on inquires and commitments